All You Need To Know

Have a question? Want to know a bit more about the rental process? To help you get you the answers quickly, we’ve compiled a list of popular questions we’ve received from our customers, along with their answers. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Get in touch with us and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I book a motorhome rental?

You can make initial enquiries by email but please contact us for further information, to check availability and to make a booking. Upon booking you will need to pay a non-refundable booking deposit of £250.00 or full payment if it’s within 8 weeks. The full balance will need to be paid no later than 8 weeks before collection. As insurance security you will be asked to leave a refundable security deposit of £1000 by bank transfer before collection. This acts as an insurance excess during your hire, and will be refunded provided that the vehicle is returned clean and undamaged as described in our terms and conditions. In the event of an insurance claim the cost of the damage or claim will be deducted from your deposit.

What’s the minimum period I can rent a motor home for?

The minimum rental period is 3 nights in low season, and up to 6 nights in high season, please contact us to check for last minute deals.

What day & time can I collect my motor home?

Vehicles are available for collection by agreement after 2pm daily and must be returned for 11:00am.
If this doesn’t suit your holiday needs please contact us and we will try to assist you with any special requests or extras.

Where can I view or collect the motor home?

Please call our office if you wish to view a vehicle as it might be out on hire. Viewings take place by prior arrangement at our storage facility at Barwick in Elmet, east of Leeds.

Who can drive the motorhomes?

Anyone between the ages of 25-70 with 2 years driving experience and a clean licence (up to 6 points) and no more than 1 "at fault" accident in the previous 5 years.. If you have more convictions please contact us with your endorsements and we’ll certainly try to assist in your motorhome hire

What type of driving licence do I need?

Anyone with a Manual Category B UK driving licence can drive our motorhomes, check on the rear of our licence and if you have dates alongside category B then you will be allowed to drive our vehicles.

What documents do I need to provide when I collect a vehicle?

Your full driving licence – Since 8th June 2015 the paper counterpart became obsolete. As we will require confirmation of any endorsements, we will need to access your online DVLA record. This can be done with the use of your National Insurance number via this link: https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence Once you have logged in, please select the “Share your licence information” option and select “Create a code”. This code is valid for 21 days and must be emailed at least 48 hours beforehand. The Driving Licence MUST be registered to your current address. Two proofs of address – These can be utility bills, bank statements or credit card bills, which MUST be in the name of the lead driver. However they do need to be dated within the last 3 months.

What documents do I need to provide if I am not from the UK?

The full driving licence issued by your country of residence for each named driver. The international driving licence if your driving licence is written in a different language to the one of the renting country for each named driver. A copy of your UK campsite reservation confirmation. The passport for each named driver

How will I know how to use equipment in the motorhome?

All our vehicles have easy to use booklet guides which cover all equipment from how to fill the water tanks to how to operate the heating for our customers ease. You will be given a comprehensive demonstration upon collection including how to set up on a campsite. If you need further assistance please call us or if it’s a minor problem please text us for a swift response. We will give you all the contact details you may need on collection.

Will the motorhome be warm enough to use in the winter?

All our motorhomes are designed for comfortable all year round use. They all have high levels of floor, wall and roof insulation, and blown-air or gas heating.  

What is provided, what should I take?

We provide a range of crockery, cutlery and utensils for you to use along with a range of safety equipment. You will need to provide your own bedding such as quilts & bottom sheets, pillows or sleeping bags,  and towels,  We advise you to take out travel insurance to cover you in the event you may need to cancel your booking or you lose or damage any of your personal possessions as we cannot be held responsible for any personal items. Full inventory; Kitchenette / Shower Room Essentials • Cutlery • Glasses • Dinner plates • Bowls • Cups • Small plates • Cutting knives • Scissors • Potato peeler • Frying spatula • Corkscrew • Can opener • Cheese Grater • Chopping board • Saucepans • Frying pan • Kettle •  Dustpan and brush • Toilet chemicals • Toilet rolls x 2 • Gas bottles x 2 (at least 1 will be full) • Safety essentials - Smoke alarm - Fire Extinguisher - Fire Blanket - Carbon Monoxide Detector• Levelling blocks • First aid kit •

Where can I park the motorhome or camp at night?

Please be considerate when parking the motorhome and remember that parking overnight at the side of the road is not always permitted in England Wales or Scotland. In 2020 and 2021 many people in campervans and motorhomes caused a great deal of animosity, especially in Scotland, by parking at unsuitable locations, but more importantly, by emptying toilet waste and waste water in public toilets or at the side of the road.

Because of this, it is strongly advised to book your stays at campsites, and with Electric Hook up where possible. It is best to book campsites in advance, particularly in high season to avoid disappointment. Many people book campsites through www.pitchup.com. When booking campsites you may need the Vehicle Registration Number and its length ( 6.0metres) Where possible, hard standing pitches are the most desirable as they make parking easy. Check the facilities available with the campsite, and whether there is mains power. Also remember to ask what facilities are close to your pitch, such as a children’s play area.

Can I take my Motorhome abroad?

The Campervans can only be used in England, Scotland or Wales.

However if you are planning on travelling to Ireland or Europe, this can be arranged subject to an extra fee to cover extra mileage, insurance costs and customs documents etc.

Where can I leave my car whilst I'm away?

We offer free parking at our storage facility, but we cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage.

What if I accidentally damage the motorhome?

Keep calm – accidents happen, call us and advise what damage has occurred we might be able to rectify it over the phone or if out of hours, text for minor damage or call our 24hr line where you will be given further instructions. Do not accept any liability for any accident. Once everyone and the vehicle is safe, remove the SD card from the dashcam as this will help you explain how the accident occurred and can prove the other drivers are at fault. Remember, failure to provide Pyeman Motorhomes with this SD card will render you totally liable for all costs associated with the accident or incident.

Can I return the motorhome outside of normal opening hours?

It may be possible to return the motorhome outside normal hours. Please enquire if this is possible. There may be an additional charge.

Is insurance included in the hire fee ?

We include comprehensive UK insurance for one driver with every hire. Additional drivers can be included for a small additional fee. This insurance does not cover driver error, eg overhead damage caused by bridges or car park barriers. We also strongly recommend that customers have their own travel insurance in case of ill health or loss of personal possessions. Full UK breakdown cover is also included.

Can I get discounts at campsites ?

Discount on Site Fees
To add value to your camping experience we  are members of The Camping and Caravanning Club Motorhome Hire Scheme, which entitles you to up to 30% off Club Sites and 15% off Camping in The Forest Sites. In your hire unit you will find a copy of the Camping and Caravanning Club Motorhome Hire Guide, which lists all participating sites helping you to choose the perfect location throughout your entire journey. You can also find details of their sites on the Club website www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
When you've selected the Club Site you'd like to stay on, all you have to do is show them the Motorhome Hire key fob, which you will find on the keys of your hire vehicle, on arrival to claim your discount. 
How to Book
To guarantee your pitch it’s best to book. To Book your campsite please call the service centre on 024 7647 5426 for Club Sites or 024 7647 3008 for Camping in the Forest sites and let the advisor know that you are booking under the Motorhome Hire Scheme. A minimal deposit will be taken and upon arrival at the Club Site, your due balance will be discounted accordingly on presentation of the Motorhome Hire key fob provided. Alternatively, you can make a non-member booking online and follow the same process.